About the Journal
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Focus and Scope
Kalangwan summarizes various topics and concerning ideas, notions, concepts, phenomenons in the form of scientific writing and Scheme of Creation Assesment, performing arts, and new media.
Peer Review Process
Kalangwan uses an online submission and review system. The submission and peer review of every article must be managed using this system and based on following Peer Review Policy.
- Kalangwan Editorial Board is responsible for selection of papers and selection of reviewers.
- Articles must typically be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers.
- Reviewers are unaware of the identity of the authors, and authors are also unaware of the identity of reviewers (double blind review)
- Reviewing process will consider novelty, objectivity, method, scientific impact, conclusion, and references.
- Editor will send the final decision regarding the submission to the corresponding author based on reviewerâ€™s recommendation.
- Kalangwan Editorial Board shall protect the confidentiality of all material submitted to the journal and all communications with reviewers.
There are three steps of revision process by authors:
- Revision manuscript to accomodate peer reviewer suggestions within 2-4 weeks
- Revision to accomodate Section Editors suggestions within 2-4 weeks (if any)
- revision to accomodate editorial meeting suggestions within 1 weeks (if any)
Manuscripts are rejected usually for 3 general reasons:
- The topic of manuscript does not fit in the journal scope and may be better suited for publication elsewhere.
- The substance of the manuscripts does not meet Kalangwan standards; the data may be incomplete; the methodology used is not appropriate; lack of novelties and no advancement of the existing knowledge; or there are no consistency among objectives, research design/method, evidence, and conclusion.
- Manuscript are not written following Kalangwan guidelines in Intruction to Authors. These manuscripts may be rejected without review process. Manuscripts could also be rejected in the review process if Authors do not revise the manuscripts as suggested by reviewers and editorial board, also do not give response/rebuttal against the suggestions.
- The journal is published 2 times a year, i.e. June and December
- There are 8 articles each issue
Article Processing Charges
Every article submitted to Kalangwan will not have any 'Article Processing Charges'. This includes submitting, peer-reviewing, editing, publishing, maintaining and archiving, and allows immediate access to the full text versions of the articles
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
Copyright and License
- Copyright on any open access article in a journal published by Kalangwan is retained by the author(s).
Authors grant Kalangwan a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.